Monday, January 21, 2008

Skip the Film ...

... but buy extra batteries.

It was only a matter of time, I suppose, before someone decided to market themselves as a photographer who doesn't actually, you know, make photos. Time magazine has an article on hiring your own personal paparazzi.

While it makes me wince a little bit, I guess if there's no pictures there's really no copyright to fight over ...

Part of this quote makes me smile, part makes me cringe:

The trend is driven by the twin obsessions with chronicling one's life and experiencing fame. "We live in a culture where if it's not documented, it doesn't exist," says Josh Gamson, a University of San Francisco professor of sociology who studies culture and mass media. "And if you don't have people asking who you are, you're nobody."

1 comment:

Kelly Wegel said...

I don't even need to hand over my images to the client?? Where do I sign up?