Friday, May 25, 2007

Don't Delete - So Says Avedon. Sort Of.

If you've sat through one of my classes, you know how paranoid I am. I show up early, I stay late, I have backup gear and escape plans. Need to transmit? I find two or three ways of doing that.

I'm like that.

On top of that, I never delete files. Not at home and, absolutely, never in the field. (Have I told you about the Marine sargent I once had as a student? The day after lecturing the class to never delete an image in the camera, he called me to ask ... how to recover an image he deleted in the camera. So I made this gunnery sargent tell the class what he'd done.)

Anyway, this is a long way of getting to this blog entry about not deleting images by Chase Jarvis (which I found off of John Harrington's blog). I hadn't heard the Avedon story, but I like it.

No comments: